I’m taking part in a GigaOM Pro Webinar panel on April 4 entitled “Top 5 gotchas that prevent NoSQL from meeting business goals”.
Sponsored by DataStax, the panel also includes Billy Bosworth, DataStax CEO; Jo Maitland, Research Director, Cloud, GigaOM Pro; and is moderated by Paul Miller, Cloud Curator, GigaOM Pro.
Among the topics up for debate:
- Will IT organizations get bogged down in NoSQL infrastructure battles instead of focusing on big data apps that satisfy the needs of the business?
- What are the advantages and potential challenges to migrating towards a single data store?
- Does simplifying the infrastructure mean that you now have to deal with poor performance due to conflicting workloads?
- What lessons can we learn from history as we bring on NoSQL systems?
- What unspoken business requirements can we anticipate to prevent being caught off guard?
The event takes place at Wednesday, April 4, 2012 at 10 AM, PST. Register here