Amazon launches DynamoDB. Red Hat virtually supports JasperReports. And more.
An occasional series of data-related news, views and links posts on Too Much Information. You can also follow the series @thedataday.
* Jaspersoft Delivers Analytics for Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization Customers JasperReports Server is embedded in Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization 3.0.
* Tableau 7.0 Brings Simplicity to Business Intelligence Including new Data Server for data sharing and management.
* Hortonworks to Deliver Next-Generation of Apache Hadoop Pre-announcement (emphasis on the pre).
* RainStor Announces First Enterprise Database Running Natively on Hadoop as well as partnerships with Cloudera, Hortonworks, and MapR, and support from Composite Software.
* Talend Platform for Data Services Operationalizes Information and Data A common development, deployment and monitoring environment for both data management and application integration.
* Fujitsu Launches Cloud Services as a Platform for Big Data Data Utilization Platform Services.
* All you wanted to know about Hadoop, but were too afraid to ask A graphic illustration of the various versions of Apache Hadoop.
* Meet Code 42, Accel’s first Big Data Fund investment GigaOM has the details.
* MapR CEO Sees Big Changes in Big Data in 2012 Predictive.
* Introducing DataFu: an open source collection of useful Apache Pig UDFs LinkedIn launches open source user-defined functions.
* Big Data Needs Data Scientists, Or Quants, Or Excel Jockeys … or something.
* Career of the Future: Data Scientist [INFOGRAPHIC] Infotaining.
* For 451 Research clients
# Information Builders uses Infobright to take BI in-memory, expands SMB reach Market development report
# RainStor launches database complement to Apache Hadoop Market development report
# Heroku’s Postgres is poised for growing interest in database as a service Market development report
* Google News Search outlier of the day: This Spud’s For All of You: “2012 Is the Year of the Potato”
And that’s the Data Day, today.