Rob Bearden is new Hortonworks CEO. Oracle updates MySQL Cluster. And more.
An occasional series of data-related news, views and links posts on Too Much Information. You can also follow the series @thedataday.
* With a new CEO, will Hortonworks get serious about Hadoop? Rob Bearden is Hortonworks’ new chief elephant-herder.
* Oracle Oracle Announces General Availability of MySQL Cluster 7.2. Claims 1 billion queries per minute.
* NGDATA Raises Capital to Accelerate Growth Belgian data management company confirms that it recently acquired Outerthought.
* Schema in Cassandra 1.1. “as systems deployed on Cassandra grew and matured, lack of schema became a pain point”
* NuvolaBase has launched its hosted graph database offering.
* How Target Figured Out A Teen Girl Was Pregnant Before Her Father Did. Big data’s beer and diapers equivalent.
* Beyond “Big Data”. “I have a theory that buzzwords are usually helpful in general, in that they usher in new concepts before they end up as meaningless marketing fluff–and, eventually, punchlines. I think this is in the process of happening right now with the term “big data”.”
* For 451 Research clients
# Akiban prepares to launch ‘table grouping’ NewSQL database IMpact Report
# IBM sheds light on the Big Blue business of information governance Market Decelopment Report
And that’s the Data Day, today.