Apache Hadoop 1.0. The future of CouchDB (or Couchbase anyway). And more.
Welcome to the first in an occasional series of data-related news, views and links posts on Too Much Information. You can also follow the series @thedataday.
* The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache Hadoop v1.0 Self-explanatory.
* The Future of CouchDB Apache CouchDB creator Damien Katz explains why he is focusing his attention on Couchbase Server.
* Understanding Microsoft’s big-picture plans for Hadoop and Project Isotope Mary Jo Foley parses Alexander Stojanovic’s presentation.
* MongoDB Extends Leadership in NoSQL 10gen claims more than 400 commercial customers.
* 1010data’s Unique Big Data Analytics Platform Sees Stunning Growth in 2011 1010data runs the numbers on its adoption in 2011.
* TouchDB 1.0 is out TouchDB is a lightweight CouchDB-compatible database engine suitable for embedding into mobile apps.
* Data Scientist = Rock Star, Really? Virginia Backaitis is sceptical.
* Swimming with Dolphins Splunk’s connector for MySQL.
* What the Sumerians can teach us about data Pete Warden finds data inspiration at the British Museum.
* How To (Not) Get Smart About Big Data Wim Rampen on the importance of filtering noise.
* For 451 Research clients
# Total Data: exploratory analytic platforms Spotlight report
# Apache Hadoop reaches version 1.0, with more to come Analyst note
# Acunu hones focus on ‘big data’ platform for operational analytics Market development report
# Jaspersoft gets big into ‘big data,’ illuminates BI business momentum Market development report
* Google News Search outlier of the day: “Bella” Becomes Most Popular Name for Both Dogs and Cats
And that’s the Data Day, today.