IBM acquires Vivisimo. Funding for Birst, ParAccel, Metamarkets and DataSift. And more.
An occasional series of data-related news, views and links posts on Too Much Information. You can also follow the series @thedataday.
* For 451 Research clients
# IBM picks up Vivisimo to search for value in ‘big data’ Deal Analysis
* IBM Advances Big Data Analytics with Acquisition of Vivisimo Also announces support for Cloudera.
* Teradata Announces 2012 First Quarter Results Revenue up 21% (PDF)
* Actuate Reports First Quarter 2012 Financial Results Revenue up 9% (PDF)
* Teradata to Acquire eCircle (PDF)
* Nokia released Dempsy an open source stream data processing platform.
And that’s the Data Day, today.