Later this month I’ll be taking part in a webinar with Cloudera CEO Mike Olson and Cloudera customers RIM and YP (formerly AT&T Interactive) to discuss the business advantages of Apache Hadoop and lessons learned from real-world deployments.
Specifically we’ll be discussing
- Why Cloudera customers have chosen CDH to get started with Hadoop
- The business value resulting from analyzing new data sources in new ways
- How Hadoop will change these Customers’ business and industry over the next 3-5 years
Mike and I will be discussing our perspectives on big data and the role of Hadoop in enabling new analytic opportunities. Mostly though the webinar presents a chance to hear from real-life Hadoop users about why they chose Hadoop and how their business has benefitted from that decision.
It promises to be a fascinating discussion, through which attendees will also learn about how Apache Hadoop can be used to:
- Manage large and complex data with lower operating expenses and storage costs for an increased ROI
- Increase business productivity with less downtime, higher data reliability, and faster time to recovery
- Accelerate business processes and improve decision-making capabilities by extracting value from big data faster and more easily
The webinar takes place Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PT. For more details and to register, click here.