Thoughts on Splunk’s IPO and DynamoDB. And more.
An occasional series of data-related news, views and links posts on Too Much Information. You can also follow the series @thedataday.
* Thoughts on the Splunk IPO and S-1 By Dave Kellogg.
* Thoughts on SimpleDB, DynamoDB and Cassandra By Adrian Cockcroft.
* Recommind’s Revenue Leaps 95% in Record-Setting 2011 Predictable.
* Membase Server is Now Couchbase Server But not *the* Couchbase Server.
* Survey results: How businesses are adopting and dealing with data 100 Strata Online Conference attendees.
* LinkedIn released SenseiDB, an open source distributed, realtime, semi-structured database.
* For 451 Research clients
# VMware: not your father’s database company Impact Report
# Sparsity Technologies draws up plans for graph database adoption Impact Report
# Amazon launches DynamoDB, an auto-configuring database as a service Market Development report
# NuoDB targets Q2 release for elastic relational database Market Development report
# ADVIZOR illuminates growth strategy, roadmap in data discovery and analysis Market Development report
# Birst adds own analytic engine for BI, OEM agreement with ParAccel Market Development report
* Google News Search outlier of the day: RentAGrandma.com Recruiting Wonderful Grandmas
And that’s the Data Day, today.