A blog for the enterprise open source community
Five open source predictions from UnisysRaven Zachary, November 28, 2006 @ 2:03 pm ET
Unisys, a large systems integrator that considers open source to be one of its ‘strategic pillars,’ issued a press release today with its five predictions for open source trends in 2007.
1. Architectural approaches to open source will begin to predominate
2. Specialized stacks will drive a new direction for business applications
3. SOA and standards will close the gap between legacy and open systems
4. Open source providers will boost SI and channel distribution strategies
5. The smart money will be on driving business growth and innovation.
It’s easy to agree with their predictions, as we have already seen these trends with early adopters and a number of open source startups in the past few years. My prediction for Unisys in 2007? Acquisitions to boost the company’s open source product and services portolio, expecially where it relates to the acquisition of talent. What will drive the new enterprise customer to consider Unisys as the open source SI of choice? Having something that no one else has. Possibly a project team or two on the payroll?
Comments (1) Categories: Software