A blog for the enterprise open source community
Forthcoming webinar on VC funding for open sourceMatthew Aslett, May 7, 2009 @ 6:35 am ET
Following the recent publication of Open to Investment, the latest CAOS research report, we will be hosting a webinar on Thursday May 14th, from 12pm – 1pm EDT to discuss some of the key findings of the report.
Covering the past, present and future of venture capital investment in open source-related vendors the report contains analysis of the history of venture funding in open-source-related firms between 1997 and 2008, based on The 451 Group’s database of more than 370 funding deals.
It also contains results from a survey of investors from private investment firms, assessing their sentiment toward open source and the likely impact of economic conditions on investment in these vendors.
Among the topics to be covered on the webinar are:
- Details of funding to date and historical trends
- Details on the 57 vendors most likely to be considering further funding in the next two years
- The impact of current global financial conditions on open source adoption and investment
- Investor sentiment towards open source business strategies
- Drivers for investment in open source
- The perceived risks of investment in open source
- The outlook for venture funding in 2009
- Details of potential IPOs (once the market improves)
- M&A opportunities and drivers
You can register for the event here. We hope you can join us.
Comments (3) Categories: Funding,Software,The 451 Group